Thanks for your support!
Drive It NQ is not for profit association, which incorporates local organisations, clubs, and individuals devoted to the establishment of Townsville’s permanent driver education and motor sport precinct. The Drive It NQ precinct is the only regional owned motor sport facility within Australia and will prove to be the prime multiple-purpose complex for organisational training and education and motor sport events The multi-purpose venue will provide first class facilities and grounds. Features include:
- Learn to Drive
- Advanced driving courses
- Defensive driving courses
- Integrated learning with surrounding secondary schools
- Supports the training of Emergency Services
- Product testing
- Events (concerts, field days, expos)
- Recreational sport (circuit racing, speedway, drag, off road)
- Professional Motorsport Racing circuits (touring car, sports car, production car, stock car, rallying, drag, off-road, kart)
- 4X4 adventure park
- Jet Boats
a place to LEARN
Our facility will be used as by many local companies and organisations to provide a world class learning environment for all beginner drivers and riders.
a place to EDUCATE
Drive It NQ's commitment is to prevent road trauma by providing effective road safety education to road users of all ages. Our purpose built driver training facility at Calcium will provide the safest possible educational environment.
a place to BE ENTERTAINED
The precinct will be host to many events throughout the year. From local participation through to State and National competitions being held. Additionally, Drive It NQ will be the largest purpose built multi-use precinct in Northern Australia.
a place to BE TESTED
- Situated on 234 ha of land in Calcium.
- 30 minute drive from Townsville CBD.
- 3.5kms of national standard circuit.
- A place to pursue your passion, safely and legally.
- Drag strip, speedway and off-road.
The Latest News
3 February 2016
Cr Hill backed the DriveIt NQ proposal and said the council had supported the project, including help securing a site. It is understood the land near Woodstock is worth more than $1 million and will be leased for $1 a year.
The lease on the land for the project is expected to be finalised this week.......