THE PRECINCT | Drive It NQ
World Class Facility
Situated at Calcium, 40 kms from Townsville CBD. Racing facilities and track will be approved under FIA, CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motor Sport), and ANDRA (Australian National Drag Racing Association).
Sustainability and the Environment
Townsville is located is the dry tropics of North Queensland! The rainforest, the outback, the reef are the key features of the region. Sustainability is more than just reducing our impact on the environment. It will help our precinct become more resilient and productive, saving on costs.
Sewerage: Standalone bio-organic self-contained waste water treatment (recycled for watering grass).
Grey water: Recycled for watering grass.
Water: Rain water collection from all roofed structures, small UV WTP and storage for potable supply.
Lined dam: (for better water retention), deeper than wider, maintained as an eco reserve (flora and fauna).
Electricity: Self contained, initially from Diesel Generator
with a view to PV and wind generation (possible grid feed situation)
Solar Farm: designated area to house 100 panels, generating our own energy
Our world class track will boast:
- Drag strip 20 – 22m wide with 400 m acceleration area, 400 m braking area and 400 m std hotmix
- Speedway – 450 m dirt oval track constructed to NASR standards 20 m wide
- Skid Pan / LVMA – 220 x 110m concrete or hotmix combination sloped and drained for wet surface instruction, can be used for large vehicle roll over prevention training
The multi-use precinct will support events and field days. Key features include:
- 2 – 3 permanent grandstands
- Toilet facilities
- Administration building with toilet facilities, meeting/class rooms, and canteen
- Major parking area for up to 4000 cars